Monday 14 July 2014

The Little Things We Often Forget

'When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment and I told them they didn't understand life.'
— John Lennor

As we grow up, just like caterpillars turning into pupa, we're often influenced by the people or things around us. Whether at work or at school. And as we develop, we start to forget the things that used to make us happy easily. I remember begging my mom the whole week just to buy me a can of sweets and having her to read a book to me before I went to bed or I wouldn't sleep. I would make sure my sister gets the blue bed sheet while I always got the pink dotted one and would have 'pillow wars' all night before we were finally exhausted and had to go to bed feeling sweaty. Though it's fun having to grow up, but at times, it gets a little tiring. When we were 5, friends would make up as soon as they started quarreling. When we were 5, we could go out without having to matter what we wore. When we were 5, nothing else really mattered because all we did was to be happy all day long.
       see that ^ ( cr : owner )
Just being happy. Now that we've grown up, we start to have desires. Desiring power and status. Wealth and Fortune. And while we're busy striving for these, we are slowly forgetting about the little child in us. As long as we're humans, we'd all miss rolling down the grass hill or having roller skate shoes that would carry us wherever we went to. It's good to learn to grow up because we all have to one day. We can't be like Peter Pan and Tinkerbell in Neverland. It never works this way. Think about the fun times you had and relieve those moments again just simply because we technically only have this life. Just one life. Instead of spending your entire lifetime seeking wealth, seek for something else that matters more than status and authority. As for me, I'm pretty sure I've found mine but it's a tiny little secret hehehehe 
What about yours? Have you found yours today? Share it with me in the comments section :) 
I'd love to hear from everyonee~

Love,
Priscilla 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree :) You're amazing and you truly inspire me. I think I will like to be a dream chaser, to always chase my dreams but at the same time bringing joy to the people around me and also keeping my feet on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! Best of luck to your dreams!

      Delete