Saturday 19 July 2014

Idols & Me

' The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much and forgetting that you are special too ' - Anonymous

There's always someone we chase after or admire in our hearts and minds.
For today, let's just shift our focus to celebrities. We often talk about how good or how handsome a celebrity is. We start to buy their albums or even buy their merchandise. But it doesn't stop there. We start to relate everything in our lives to this certain celebrity. We start hoping that one day, we'll meet him/her. We start thinking further and start thinking about how would it be like if we actually met him/her. It'll be really cool. Really. Our fantasies start getting bigger and an obsession starts. Obsessing with someone who doesn't even know you exist. Thinking how would it be like if we actually met that celebrity and fell in love. That sounded impossible, didn't it? But trust me, I'm sure this thought crossed the minds of many fans out there.
We may think that at this moment, everything seemed almost perfect. Almost. But just missing something. Wait, what, how is it possible? Shouldn't everything be perfect now? 
No. It's not perfect because we're forgotten something.

Ourselves. We've forgotten ourselves. Scroll through your camera roll. I'm sure there are more photos of your celebrity compared to photos of you. Well, at least the majority. In the midst of chasing our dreams of our celebrities, we've gotten a little lost and are currently trapped in a maze. Unless we start thinking, we'll be stuck in there unknowingly. Put away thoughts of your celebrity. And think about what you've done for yourself. Are you happy? Really? 
Answer yourself honestly. To be honest, I was once there. I was once a hardcore fan of someone. But something woke me up. This certain celebrity had started dating. You could say it was a great shock to me. No, I wasn't shocked though. I knew this day was coming. After all, after putting so much effort into someone, and this piece of news just makes you feel betrayed, doesn't it? Spending a whole day copping at home admiring this person instead of taking the time to bond with your friends. You'd feel as if your whole life had just taken a 180 degrees turn. However, at the end of the day, I couldn't possibly blame anyone but myself.
If only I had drawn a line between a fan and something else and maybe I wouldn't be that affected by the news. If I had drawn a line between a fantasy and reality, maybe none of those would have really happened. I'm still a fan though but still currently in the process of learning to draw that line :) 
So really what I want to say is that you can be a fan but do make sure that it's a healthy hobby that truly makes your life happier and does not give you mood swings and causes you to stray away from your loved ones because after all, at the end of the day, the ones waiting for you at home or helping you at work or at school are the ones whom you should truly respect and admire for they would always be there for you no matter what.
Best Of Luck :-) 

Priscilla x
p.s. I've been so so SOOO glad that I've actually received a comment on my blog. A very first comment. Thank you :-)) I'd love to see more comments rolling in because THE MORE THE MERRIER HAHAHA :-)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment